Programs and projects
The corporate policy of JSC YUZHMORGEOLOGIYA is based on striving for collaboration and exchange of experience — both in scientific and commercial spheres. The active search for the cooperative possibilities, in combination with the scientific knowledge and the reputation of a reliable partner, are realized in the participation of our company in large number of federal and international scientific and technical programs and projects.
We are the only Russian scientific company representing our country in the UNO International Seabed Authority, which grants Russia the rights to explore and develop the ore-bearing territory of 75 000 of square kilometers in the Pacific Ocean, with large deposits of polymetallic nodules. For more than 30 years JSC YUZHMORGEOLOGIYA has been implementing a comprehensive programme of studies in this area, cooperating actively with other countries-participants of the International Seabed Authority.
During the last years JSC YUZHMORGEOLOGIYA has been one of the most active participants realizing «The Naval Doctrine of the Russian Federation till 2020.».
For the last decade JSC YUZHMORGEOLOGIYA was an active participant of various international scientific and commercial projects:
- DOD — the exploration of the ferromanganese nodules fields in the Indian Ocean (together with the Department of Ocean Development of the Indian government);
- TIOG — geological and geophysical studies of the Indian ocean in the area of Trans-Indian Ocean geotraverse (together with the National Institute of Oceanography (NIO) of India);
- BIE — experiment based on the assessment of the environmental impact of ferrimanganese commercial mining (together with NOAA (USA), DORD (Japan) and KORDI (Korea);
- “Floating University” — exploration of the Mediterranean and the Black seas (together with the European Universities under the aegis of UNESCO);
- IARE — the study of litoshperic processes in the near Antarctic zones of the World Ocean (in collaboration with the University of Bologna, Italy);
- «Geological Model» — creation of a geological model of the Clarion-Clipperton zone of the Pacific Ocean (under the aegis of the UNO International Seabed Authority, in collaboration with the University of Hawaii, the USA, Southampton Oceanography Centre, the UK, IFREMER/AFERNOD, France and others);
- GEF — programme of management and protection of the the Black Sea environment (under the aegis of UNEP and World Bank);
- The Blue Stream — the participation in all stages of the project from pre-project survey at the initial stage to the monitoring of the state of the operating gas pipeline that crosses the entire territory of the Black Sea.